When you decide to get hair transplant and start searching about it, you are looking for techniques, clinics, prices and stages. On the other hand, there are some factors that you should know and consider in order to achieve a natural hair transplant result, such as:
- Natural front hairline
- Extraction of the follicles
- The making of incisions to open the canals
- The angle and direction of hair transplantation
- Implantation of the gratfs
Front Line for Hair Transplant
The last thing you want is the unnatural look when you decide to get a hair transplant. Everyone has a different size scalp. We as HAIRAVRASYA recommend you to have a natural look with our latest technology and more than 10 years of experience.
Extracting the grafts
There is too much information about hair transplant on the internet. But this information can be confusing. You need to be sure that you have received the right information. Therefore, let’s share some information about hair transplant to clarify extraction phase of hair transplant. First of all, here are some terms that you need to know.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) : This is the process of taking the grafts one by one without damaging them.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transfer) : This is an old technique and not so common nowadays. In this procedure, a piece of scalp of a certain size is taken and then transplanted by crushing it into small pieces. A disadvantage of this technique is that a scar is left in the donor area.
Instruments used while application the above techniques
- Punch : Cylindrical tool with a diameter of 0.7 mm and 0.8 mm insets.
- Micromotor: Device that allows to cut around part of the hair follicles without damaging them by fixing the punches, assisted by the rotation of the punches at high speed with the support of the motor.
- Collets: The device is used to collect the grafts during extraction.
Opening Canals (Making Incisions) to Implant the Grafts
When opening the canals, the direction and angle of the grafts are very important to achieve a natural result. It is a procedure that requires expertise and experience to accurately match the direction of hair growth, which varies from person to person and area to area. It is important that you do not surrender to a slightly cheaper clinic and non-specialists so that you can get a natural look to your hair. To have information about the methods and tools used in opening the canal, we offer you the terms in the list below.
- Lateral slit: In this technique, very thin-tipped scalpels are used to open the canals. These scalpels are instruments specially prepared for the millimeter thick hair strands and graft thickness. The hair is denser and more natural as the direction of the canals is closest to the natural direction in hair transplants done with this technique.
- Percutaneous : The percutaneous technique, in which the canals are opened with a needle, is not as fast as the other techniques as it is done with very fine needles. The grafts are implanted in round holes opened with fine needles, not in straight incisions. A thin hole is opened specifying the angle for each graft, the graft is placed, then the hole is opened for another graft and the burr is placed in round holes that match its natural structure.
- Sapphire FUE : This technique is performed with inserts made of real sapphire, a precious metal; means that a special sapphire tip is used instead of a metal slit at the stage of opening the channel (making incisions) of the hair transplant. It is designed to open even smaller microchannels in the area where the hair follicles are to be implanted to speed up the process of minimal desquamation and healing.
Implanting the Grafts
If you wish to obtain a natural appearance from the implanted grafts, it comes to the final stage. In order to fulfil this wish, your hair follicles must be implanted in the highest density. We are happy to provide you with the following photos as an example.
It gives you a more aware stage of hair transplantation when you take a look at the techniques and tools used in hair transplantation.
Devices that are used in hair transplantation
- Special Collets Designed for Hair Transplantation
- Choi Pen ( DHI Pen )